Monday 9 May 2011

Terrible upkeep of this Blog

So what Have I been up to I hear you cry.....


Work
I have left.....all part of the life changing thing that is this move. I have made some great friends there and it has been an interesting 4 years. I did have fantastic leaving drinks before I left and the leaving presents I got were so incredibly thoughtful including a personlaised darts shirt. My kind colleague Laura also made me a Bad Thing cake that tasted as good as it looked. I am now unemployed......






The Royal Wedding 

H had the genius idea (one of many) of us all having a mobile street party dressed as royals from throughout the ages. I decided on Richard III, hunch back and all and even went as far as to learn the 'Now is the winter of our discontent' speech. We started our day by watching the wedding with 150,000 other people in Hyde Park and then pub crawled our way to Cleaver Square in Kennington. It is no exaggeration to say that we had our photo taken 200 times including a set up one by the News of the World. The bastards didn't print it though. We are also did TV interviews for 4 foreign news channels. We  There was mixed tolerance in the group for the attention....I personally loved it.  

The ceremony went well.








Home


Spent a few days up North at home. Didn't do anything in particular except hang around with my sister and my Niece and Nephew. They are walking around and that is just chaos. My sister is has the patience of Jobe and is fantastic with them. We took them into the local town and I pushed them around the supermarket as my sister shopped. If you pause near a shelf for a second the whole lot is coming off. The other highlight was having an outside bath at the farm. My sister and Bro in law have an old iron bath under a huge tree at the bottom of their garden. You fill it up, light a fire under it and 30 mins later bobs your uncle. It was very  relaxing  and the kind of nonsense I can't get up to in Leytonstone. I loved it.



H's Birthday





BBQ on a roof terrace with great views over London. Sam's red hot jerk chicken. Fantastic Company. Then Punk to finish it off. 






2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! The blog is back with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cake, if I say so myself :-)

    ReplyDelete