Thursday 9 June 2011

First Week

I started my first week as I meant to go on...with a bank holiday. 

Things I achieved since Tuesday:

  • Applied for a job in a University as a Student Engagement Officer
  • Sent my CV to an acting Co-op
  • Sent my CV to two production companies.
  • Nearly got my Tax number.......nearly

I also played my first game of cricket for a long time turning out for a social team called The Architects XI. It was mixed teams and that gave it an added element of fun. I can't remember who we were playing but they were a nice bunch and their opening bowler looked like Chabal. 

Anyone who has played or indeed seen me play cricket would know I am at best a bowler and not a very good one at that. I think my accent gave everyone a false view and I ended up opening the bowling and batting. 

It was played under 'Taverner's Rules' which are;
  1. 15 over innings
  2. You cannot be out 1st ball
  3. You cannot be out LBW
  4. You have to retire at 20
  5. You can only bowl 2 overs max
  6. Only 2 wides an over count (everything else is re-bowled) 
Evo's Stats were-

Batting
Eveson- Bowled Aziz caught Chabal- 14

After some sublime hooks for 4 to the backward square leg the bowler spotted my weakness and bowled one outside off stump that I predictably slashed at and nicked. The wicketkeeper fluffed it and Chabal caught at slip.

Bowling

Eveson- 2-0-1-4

1st over was unthreatening but straight but  I managed to get a catch out of  their number 2.  My second over came towards the end of the game when things were hotting up. Off two steps I  let one fly and it had yorker written all over it. The opposition wicket keeper ( a 50+ Lady who plays for the womens team) was batting and took a big step and swiped it. She swiped it right off the top edge of the bat and it crashed into her eye. That was the end of her day.

It ended up an amicable draw at 73 a piece.

I saw the wicket keeper in bar after and her eye had completely closed.......It was not the best way to ingratiate myself to a nation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment