Monday 7 March 2011

The Week Since My Last Post

Wednesday-

Went to the opening of Xhibit at the London College of Communication in Elephant and Castle. It was a great show and well attended. My highlight was a work made up of binary cards denoting the names and prices of the 5 most expensive artworks sold at auction. 


Thank you speeches at Xhiibit

Thursday-

Played my first game of squash since my thrashing from Jack. Avenged my lass but general standard of play was poor. 

Press ups- 10-10-11-11- 10 (52)

Worked late for the London School of Economics Student Union Elections where next years Sabbatical and part time officers are elected. Full results HERE. Had every intention of finishing around 8 to then have a drink with current and ex colleagues. It is always a exciting night and the elections are probably the hardest fought of any in the student movement. As it turned out Jack and Hi were stuck in a sound booth alternating a computer between the election PowerPoint and  the live interviews held by the student media.....till 23:00. It was the perfect mix of solid victories, surprises, over the top and ungracious celebrations, tears and frustrations. 


 
Lukas-aid campaign bottle

Friday

Met Tom Beaman and James Burden at the Pendrel's Oak for a Friday night beer. Tom bought me a pint of London Pride. I really must send him the link to this blog. Left about 7 to wait for J's arrival.

Saturday

Lie in. 

Press Ups- 11-10-11-12-11 (55)

Trip to the supermarket to by food and drink for my sister and brother in law's arrival. This also had to include towels as I realised I only owned 3. I imagine I will finally be 'grown up' when I own 6 or more. 

Kate and Dom arrived around 16:00 and we spent the time chatting, drinking terrible fizzy rose and eating until our taxi arrived to take us the HS and CB's party in Oval.

As always it was a great party with great food. Apart from us forgetting 2 bottles of wine and realising we had bout 24 of the smallest Corona's ever sold, all was well. as 3/4 of The Bad Thing were in attendance it was only right we played a few tunes. We went to a bedroom to tune up and decide what to play. In true Bad Thing style we couldn't remember a thing we knew. In the end Matt rocked some Johnny Cash with us backing on bass and bongos. James Shanks did a knock out version of Hungry Eyes. 

Sunday

A very momentous day. Kate and Dom took my books back with them back to the farm, thus starting my move from London. I feel a certain attachment to books that I don't seem to have for DVD's or CD's. The books included scripts, programs, drama theory books, books I bought to research parts and out of date editions of Contacts,as well as the usual novels and non- fiction. It was interesting packing it all into a bag and sending it from the place that had made them relevant. I will have to make decisions soon as what I want to take with me Dublin and what to leave at the farm.

Went to watch The Kings Speech.  Very good. If you want a better review check out my friend Jamie's film blog Shot Through a Window

Monday

Press ups- 11-11-13-11-11-10 (67)

Wrote this post....

No comments:

Post a Comment