Friday 8 July 2011

Royal Visit Mk II

Still no job.....

Last weekend the Folk's came to visit and a fun was had by all. They brought some of my stuff with them and it feels good to have more than one rucksack's worth of clothes. I also now have my guitar but as I need to find a job, I dare not tune it as I will spend days noodling into destitution. 


Mater and Pater




It was nice that they got to see where I am living and see a bit of Dublin. Saturday we took a walk into the city center that took us past U2's recording studios. I was glad to see there was some excellent anti Bono Graffiti. As we continued we saw a wino relieving himself into the Liffey as his mate chatted to him....classic inner city behavior. 


Sunday was  spent at Phoenix Park in the sun (coincidentally, on the way we saw a a man taking a slash into the canal...brilliant). We spent a few hours at the park and it was well received by the olds. We took a look around Farmliegh which is where the queen stayed on her visit.  We headed back before  jumping on the DART to Dun Laoghaire for a meal and the first meeting of the Clans. 


All went well.


On the way back J Snr said he needed the loo. He said he was going to disembark  in the city center to 'go' as that seemed to be all the rage.


Been asked to play cricket tonight in Phoenix Park of all places. Looking forward to it and hope the rain dies off.  



No comments:

Post a Comment