Monday 21 February 2011

Pushing Literary Boundries



The view of Landsdown Road from the end of my new road. 










Weekend in Dublin. Had Friday to myself so decided to wander the city, ignoring all suggestions about where to go. I quickly realised I had no idea where to go or what to do and I soon sought refuge in the tourist information center. Now armed with the cultural map of Dublin I preceded to independently 'discover' all the places that had been kindly suggested earlier. I spent a good 2 hours in the Chester Beattie Library. Once private collection, now donated too the state, it is basically a huge collection of old religious texts. Don't let this fool you though, it is great and well worth a visit.


Other News:


I finished reading Engleby by Sebastian Faulks. I am not great at receiving recommendations so I am reluctant to write reviews of the books I read. I think I might just be really brief and leave it up to you.

Engleby-
I enjoyed it.
Disturbing without being gross.
Especially interesting if you went to Cambridge (I didn't).


Just started reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. It is ruddy huge so you won't have to suffer another review for a while. 


I bought a push up app for my phone. Push ups are a Evo weakness and I think it may be genetic as Evo Snr is hopeless at them too. You program in how many you want to be able to do continuously and how many you can do now and it puts a program together. You do it every other day and it times the breaks in between. I have been doing it for a week and today's session was 6-7-8-6 -6 with 60 seconds in between each set. It hurts. 


 I will keep you posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment